Tuesday, December 7, 2010

LCD Soundsystem @ Art Basel 12/1






 


LCD Soundstystem, performed at an
über private party hosted by MOCA, and we managed to make our way in!! I found out at 8:30 p.m. that they were allowing a select number non invited guests into the party. I raced my way over to The Raleigh Hotel on Miami Beach, and ended up first in line.  After finding out just days before about this event, there was no chance I was going to miss seeing LCD for the 6th time this year. 

The stage was located on the sand with large 
tables as if there was a wedding about to go on. Us non invited folk had to stand behind 6 large couches pretty far away from the stage. We were not close by any means, but I was just grateful to have made it inside. LCD had mentioned that they started playing shows at events like these, but this posh crowd didn't even seem to understand or enjoy how special this actually was.  The average age of the event had to have been 50 + , while everyone behind the barricades were in their late 20's to late 30's dancing away.

LCD was here in early October for one of the best shows during Rocktober, and I just couldn't believe they were back so soon. The set was only an hour long, and at about 11:55 p.m. said they had to be off by midnight to avoid getting fined by the city. James Murphy, mentioned that if they had more time they were going to play "Home." & " New York I Love You"

Setlist:

"Dance Yrself Clean"

"Drunk Girls"

"Yr City's a Sucker"

"I Can Change"

"All My Friends"

"You Wanted a Hit"

"Tribulations"

"Movement"

No comments:

Post a Comment