Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Roger Waters- The Wall @ BankAtlantic Center

































 I was 13, the first time I heard Pink Floyd from a friends older brother.  I was immediately drawn to the dark world that is Pink Floyd. Having seen Roger Waters 2 times prior in the last 16 years, I knew seeing his latest tour 'The Wall' would be a memorable one. Before the show started, there is a homeless man walking around the floor with a large sign trying to collect money for about 15 minutes. Turns out, that was Waters all dressed up.

When the show started, the stage was a half built wall with the band in the middle, through out the first half bricks kept being added to the wall. Before intermission, the wall had reached 35 feet high with 424 bricks. The visuals were out of this world, projecting onto the wall in a trippy Pink Floyd fashion. I could sit here for months telling you every detail, but instead I'll let you watch the videos yourself. 

I truly believe that there will NEVER be a show that will top this one in my lifetime. This rock opera was EPIC beyond words. I am so grateful that Waters stayed in South Florida for 2 nights.


Share

No comments:

Post a Comment